With over 28 years of legal experience as both a paralegal and then attorney, Certified Family Law Specialist Raquel M. Silva provides legal services to individuals and families throughout Northern California. She practices in all areas of family law, guardianships, adoptions and probate in Yolo County. Estate planning and trust administration services are offered to families throughout Northern California, including Solano and Sacramento Counties
Ms. Silva operates as a sole practitioner with her office in Davis, Ca. As such, she is able to provide that “personal touch” on all of her cases.
Before becoming a lawyer, Raquel M. Silva, CFLS*, spent 16 years working as a paralegal on many cases covering areas of the law including: real estate title litigation, business litigation, and corporate law. This breadth of experience allows Ms. Silva and her legal team to provide her clients a level of service that is not found in other law offices. The legal team at the Law Office of Raquel M. Silva is able to approach cases from a multitude of angles — ensuring that clients are provided a detailed picture of their specific situation and the options that are available to them.
Ms. Silva attended UC Davis School of Law, King Hall and graduated with honors in May 2005. During her second year of law school, Ms. Silva became a Certified Law Student for the King Hall Family Protection Clinic. Clinic work enabled her to obtain two years of court and trial experience prior to graduating law school.
In 2012, Ms. Silva became a Certified Family Law Specialist which requires extensive continuing legal education classes in all areas of family law, in addition to the standard California State Bar continuing education requirements. Ms. Silva stays fully informed and up to date in all areas of her practice by attending continuing legal education conferences throughout the year, participating in the continuing education programs offered by the Yolo County Bar and Yolo County Family Bar Associations, as well as consulting regularly with financial/tax specialists, divorce coaches, child custody counselors, child custody evaluators, and therapists working with divorcing families.
After passing the California State Bar in November 2005, Ms. Silva opened her law office in her hometown of Davis, CA, where she is actively involved with the community through the Davis Waldorf School, Let It Flow (a water charity founded by the professional skateboarder and Davis native, Nyjah Huston), and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows.
Davis, CA offers the wonderful mix of a small, bike-friendly farm/university town, combined with the food, fun and culture of a much bigger city. In a single day you can buy locally grown organic foods at the Davis Farmers Market and attend a concert at Mondavi Theater. Davis is perfectly located between the Sierra Nevada and the Pacific Ocean…the best of all worlds.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Divorce/Legal Separation
- Child Custody, Child Support, and Parenting Time
- Registered Domestic Partnerships
- Spousal support
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Advance Health Care Directives
- Wills and Revocable Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives/Living Will
- Trust Administration
- Probate & Small Estate Administration
- Step-parent and second parent adoptions
- Name Change Petitions
- California State Bar – Certified Family Law Specialist in 2012
- California State Bar in 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California in 2006
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Honors: Dean’s Honor List
- Honors: Witkin Award For Academic Excellence
- University of California, Davis, Davis, California, B.A. – Political Science
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha – National Pol. Science Honor Society
- Honors: Dean’s Honor List
- “Convincing Attorneys to Use Legal Assistants at Trial”, Legal Assistant Today, Vol. II No. 3, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Yolo County Bar Association, Member
- Yolo County Family Law Bar Association, Member
- Yolo County Superior Court, Mandatory Settlement Conference Facilitator
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group, Member
- Davis Waldorf School, Past Member – Board of Trustees
- Let It Flow, A California 501(c)3 Corporation, Past Member – Board of Directors
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows – Davis Lodge #169
Pro Bono Activities
- Yolo County Minor’s Counsel Panel
- Yolo County Superior Court, Mandatory Conference Settlement Facilitator
- Yolo County Family Justice Center
Contact our family law attorney, Raquel M. Silva, CFLS*, online
or call at 530-758-0500 to schedule an appointment. Our Davis office is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.,
and Friday mornings from 9 a.m. to noon. We are conveniently located in the Oak Avenue Professional complex across from Davis High School. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Law Office of Raquel M. Silva
1667 Oak Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Fax: 530-758-0616 Davis, CA Law Office Map
Contact Us Today to Discuss Your Case
Contact our family law attorney, Raquel M. Silva, CFLS*, online or call at 530-758-0500 to schedule an appointment. Our Davis office is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday mornings from 9 a.m. to noon. We are conveniently located in the Oak Avenue Professional complex across from Davis High School.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Law Office of Raquel M. Silva 1667 Oak Avenue Davis, CA 95616 Email: email@example.com Phone: 530-758-0500 Fax: 530-758-0616
Davis, CA Law Office Map